The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for the role of eCommerce Business Channel Manager will have the vision, strategic planning skills and tactical ability to design and execute an eCommerce program that will drive and increase online sales while delivering an outstanding customer experience. S/he will be technically skilled and knowledgeable regarding online stores, web analytics, website development, etc. in order to work closely with developers and other technical experts. Additionally, s/he will have deep knowledge and experience with promotions combined with the ability to engage customers through a range of different promotions monthly.
To be a strong fit for the eCommerce Manager role, you will need:
- Significant experience (ideally 5-8 years) and demonstrated success with Web sales within a larger company cataloger; online merchandising experience.
- Deep knowledge of marketing concepts and industry standards.
- A minimum of 4 years management / leadership experience within a corporate business environment.
- Experience using top-tier Enterprise e-Commerce platforms (e.g. Magento, SAP Hybris, etc.); Project Information Management (PIM) software (e.g. Stibo Systems, PIMGento, etc.); SAP preferred
- Experience with customer satisfaction tools (retention) and list management experience (obtain and manage lists).
- Solid financial background / budgeting experience.
- Ability to direct the integration of Sales and Marketing.
- Experience with industrial distribution is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in Marketing, Computer Science; On Line Merchandising or similar, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Process-oriented problem-solver who can define, implement and enforce process changes and company policies and procedures
- Highly effective communicator to all levels and titles, able to clearly articulate the company's values.
- Strong manager with proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Strong facilitator and influencer able to identify common ground amongst individuals with divergent opinions and perspectives.
- Strong self-evaluator able to own a program / promotion but also step back and analyze its value and effectiveness
- Team-oriented professional able to achieve independently and as a strong member of a team member.
- In.vative and creative thinker.
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Reporting directly to the President/CEO and playing a key role on our marketing team, as eCommerce Business Channel Manager, you will be directly responsible for the development, management and strategic and tactical direction of our online (web ordering system) marketing and sales channel of business. Your high-reaching mission will be to increase traffic to and sales through our online store in order to help meet department and company sales goals.
Performing Your Role
In conjunction with the President, you will develop eCommerce goals and objectives, then create a strategic plan to reach those goals. You will be expected to take ownership of eCommerce, shaping and driving strategy based on your knowledge and experience, then adjusting as you find success on the Wurth Louis platform. Our marketing team is lean and everyone is hands-on, so while you'll drive strategy, you will also get in the weeds daily. Typically, you will be responsible for 10-15 promotions monthly.
To assist in your efforts, you will have one direct report, an eCommerce Coordinator, who has been with Wurth Louis and Company for many years and has deep knowledge of our products and past promotions. Additionally, you collaborate with other internal team members in Marketing, Sales, IT and Finance. Externally, you will work with our business partner hosting the site, including their developers. You will leverage your outstanding technical skills and knowledge to have high-level conversations with developers and others, while also having the ability to translate those conversations for business audiences.
As part of your specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage and consult on website promotions, web content, development, search, categorization, analytics and quality.
- Direct the integration of Sales and Marketing.
- Develop strategies to move customers to online ordering.
- Collaborate with internal department management and teams to create and execute services that meet the company’s web development needs.
- Evaluate vendors and suppliers; develop solid business relationships.
- Establish and manage relationships with providers supporting eCommerce functions; plan and implement improvements.
- Develop and manage the strategic roadmap, direction, and budgets associated with the Web Management team by engaging and aligning internal departments and team members to ensure clear and accurate delivery of the roadmap.
- Identify and manage change agendas, prioritize work and develop implementation plans for long term department goals.
- Oversee production processes, including establishing policies, standards and procedures.
- Plan and implement website improvement projects, including those that are internally conceptualized and vendor proposed.
- Plan, write/communicate IT requirements to develop growth opportunities and implement quality improvements consistent with established standards.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned and necessary for success.
More Good ReasonsOwn eCommerce
We're not looking for someone to come in and maintain the status quo. We're looking for an eCommerce professional with the skill and vision to build a top-notch operation and take our online efforts -- and success -- to the next level. Currently, approximately 25% of our business is generated through our web store. The last manager put some solid building blocks in place and web sales are growing organically year-over-year. With the right expert at the helm, we expect growth will be even stronger. If you've been waiting for a role where you can truly make an impact, look no further.
With the volume and diversity of this role, you are bound to add new skills and experience to your resume. And, as you grow and learn our products and operation, you'll be able to evolve the role and make it your own for even greater impact.
Autonomy and independence
While you will work closely with the President on early objectives as you're coming up to speed, he expects that you will own and run your area once you are fully acclimated. Naturally, you will report results, but you will chart your path and determine what needs to happen to meet your goals. This is an independent role for an expert who can work with a good deal of autonomy. If you prefer receiving instructions and a built-in action plan, this role will be challenging. However, if you enjoy driving the plan yourself, you'll have a lot of fun.
In addition to a competitive salary and a bonus opportunity, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you’d expect plus a few surprises. Our benefits package includes medical (EPO, PPO, or HDHP), dental (PPO or DMO), vision, life, AD&D and disability insurances, a Fidelity 401(k) with an employer contribution of 33% of first 6%, paid vacation and sick leave, an education reimbursement program and more.
A company that values employees
People are the indispensable element of Wurth Louis and Company. We are as passionate about our workforce, as we are about our customers, as evidenced by our low turn-over rate. People like working at Wurth Louis and Company.
If you’re used to a highly matrixed and formal corporate culture, you’ll find Wurth Louis and Company to be a breath of fresh air. Of course, we have a chain of command, but we’re not overly formal. Leadership is approachable and we invite conversation. For example, every three months or so the President/CEO meets with staff via video conference and in person, keeping his hand on the pulse of the workforce.
Trendsetting and innovation
We are endlessly searching the globe for innovative products and programs to make our customers' job easier -- products which you will help promote and sell. To see examples, please visit our website. Clicking on this link will open a new browser window, but be sure to come back to submit your resume!
Pictured: Wurth Louis and Company, Brea, California.
Keys to SuccessIf you are the person we're looking for, you are passionate about eCommerce and the customer experience. You have the ability to drive change and achieve results through your influential leadership skills, and also through your ability to effectively work cross-functionally. You combine technical expertise and an analytical mindset with vision and creativity. For example, you are a person who sees opportunities for interesting promotions but also can step back, analyze results and use that information to inform future efforts. Good is never good enough so you’re always seeking improvements.
You will know you’re hitting the mark when you see quantifiable results (increased engagement and sales, for example), and continually work to build on those results.
About Wurth LouisWurth Louis and Company was founded in 1975 with the goal to cater exclusively to the cabinetmaker and furniture manufacturer. The product range was assembled based upon what professional woodworkers used, needed and wanted. Over the last few decades, delighted customers have made Wurth Louis and Company flourish by embracing that original philosophy.
In 1997, the company's success attracted the attention of Professor Reinhold Würth of The Würth Group - a worldwide distribution organization serving the wood, automotive and metal industries. Since becoming a member of The Würth Group, Wurth Louis and Company has grown to 20 locations around the Western United States, staying true to its fundamental vision to cater exclusively to all who work with wood.
Wurth Louis and Company provides local service through its 25 branches with a highly trained sales force and comprehensive product range with the industry's leading brands that include Formica, Blum, Grass, Rev-A-Shelf, Knape and Vogt, 3M, Doellken Woodtape, Fastcap and ML Campbell. Its product catalog and robust web site are a proven resource for cabinetmakers, woodworkers and for architects and designers that specify its products.
Pictured: Wurth Louis and Company is much more than simply a wholesale distributor of woodworking supplies. We continually strive to provide customers with the utmost in convenience, including 24x7 online ordering, on-time deliveries from company owned and operated fleet, Machinery installation and maintenance from factory-trained technicians, and more.